Kokum Agal: Pure Fruit Extract (250ml/500ml)
INR 50 OFF on 1st order above INR 499
INR 150 OFF above INR 1,499
INR 250 OFF above INR 2,499
10% OFF above INR 3,499
For orders INR 499 - 1,999
(Fees - INR 199)
Free shipping above INR 499
24/7 Customer Service
Aazol's Kokum Agal is the pure unadulterated extract of the Kokum fruit and adds a tangy touch to everything from curries and dals to drinks and salads. Its liquid consistency, balanced flavours and the fruit's numerous health benefits (it is naturally cooling, immunity boosting and aids digestion) make it the ideal souring agent and a superior alternative to tamarind and lime.
The evergreen Kokum or Garcinia Indica tree that’s native to the Western Ghats, Konkan and Goa bears a fruit with multiple uses. Kokum Agal, the pure unsweetened juice extracted from it, is added to rassa (curry) and saar (soup), while the rind is sundried and used as tempering in vegetables and for a touch of tanginess to amti (dal). The medicinal powerhouse is packed with vitamins A, B3, C, iron, magnesium and potassium, and makes the perfect all-season hydrating sherbet. Konkan's favourite natural digestive drink, Sol Kadhi, is incomplete without it.
About The Seller
Mother and daughter duo, Neelima Madhukar Naik and Snehal Pravin Naik, laid the foundation of Naik’s Konkan Food Bazaar way back in 2006. Neelima’s confidence in her long-perfected recipes combined with the highest quality of local ingredients fuelled their modest business providing Konkani food essentials including pickles, papad, flour and speciality products under one roof. 15 years later, the family business employs nine hardworking women and is run by her grandson Siddharth who takes utmost pride in his Aaji’s recipes and describes her as a relentless woman, who even at the age of 75 insists on making her own pickles and mixes.
What is kokum in English?
Kokum is a fruit native to India, commonly found in the coastal regions of Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka. It is also known as Garcinia Indica in english or Malabar tamarind. The fruit is dark red-purple and has a tangy flavour with a sweet aftertaste.
What are the cooling properties of Kokum Agal?
Kokum Agal is packed with Vitamins A, B3 and C, so it helps:
- Hydrate your body
- Expel heat
- Relieve sunstroke
And therefore it is known for its cooling properties.
Is Kokum Agal good for summer?
Yes, this sugar free kokum syrup is an ideal summertime food, especially for its cooling and hydrating properties. It keeps you cool by replenishing body fluids and is suitable for digestion too.
What is Kokum Agal?
Kokum Agal meaning pure fruit extract of the kokum fruit from the Konkan region which is used to add a tangy flavour to dishes. Kokum Agal is extracted from a fruit which has a tangy-sweet flavour and has no added preservatives, sugar or salt making it the purest kokum juice.
What are the benefits of Kokum Agal?
The Kokum Agal benefits are it is
- Natural Coolant
- Good for digestion
- Immunity booster
- Good for heart, skin & liver
- Elevates mood
- Rich in antioxidants
How can I use Kokum Agal?
Kokum Agal can be used in Indian cuisine as a souring agent in curries, stews and other dishes or added to beverages like sherbet and coolers for a tangy flavour. Kokum extract can also be used on the skin for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
What are some other Kokum Agal uses?
You can add it to salads to balance the flavour, use them for making cocktails, use agal for kokum syrup mocktails or make a sweet sticky sauce for a glaze or a marinade for meat and seafood.
How can Kokum Agal be used to make sherbet?
Take water, add Aazol’s Kokum Agal until sour enough, add Aazol Kaakvi (Liquid Jaggery) until sweet enough and mix well. Then add spices like Jira Powder, Hing, and Black Salt, mix well and serve with ice. The kokum sharbat benefits are many, especially during the summers.
What is the difference between Aazol's Kokum Agal and other kokum syrup available in the markets?
The critical difference between Aazol's Kokum Agal and other kokum syrups available in the markets is that Aazol's unique product is made from freshly harvested kokum fruits and has no added sugar or salt. Furthermore, no preservatives or artificial colours are added to Aazol's Kokum Agal. It is 100% natural and contains minerals and essential vitamins that aid digestion, help alleviate stress and keep you hydrated during summer.
Does this Kokum Agal contain any sugar?
No, Aazol's Kokum Agal has no added sugar. It is an ideal kokum syrup without sugar.
What is the shelf life of Aazol's Kokum Agal?
Aazol's Kokum Agal can easily last 12 months, though given Kokum Agal uses and how tasty it is, we can guarantee that it will not stay unconsumed in your home for remotely that long!
When to drink kokum juice?
You can drink a spoonful of kokum agal any time of the day to maintain a healthy stomach.
How to drink kokum agal?
You can use it to make sherbet or sol kadhi and enjoy it as a refreshing summer drink.
Where does Aazol source its Kokum Agal from?
Aazol proudly sources its Kokum Agal from the Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Do you need to refrigerate Kokum Agal?
You don't need to store an opened bottle in the refrigerator. It would be advisable to do so if you use it sparingly.
Is the Kokum Agal vegan?
Yes, Kokum Agal is vegan-friendly.
Is the Kokum Agal gluten-free?
Aazol's Kokum Agal is indeed 100% gluten-free.
Does the Kokum Agal contain any added preservatives?
Aazol's Kokum Agal has no preservatives or additives.
Shipping & Delivery
- Products supplied by us are available for shipping all across India. Products will be shipped within the stipulated time as stated in the shipping confirmation email unless we agree otherwise with you.
- For domestic shipments, the delivery time is 7 to 10 business days (from date of order). For international shipments, the delivery time is 15 to 20 business days (from date of order)
- We shall use our reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for shipment. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated shipping date.
- Shipping of the products shall be made to the shipping address specified in the Order and you shall make all arrangements necessary to take receipt of the products.
- Our courier will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the products to you. However if you are not residing at the contact address provided to us and/or have not made arrangements to take delivery of the products and/or the courier is unable to contact you for this purpose, your purchase will be deemed as “cancelled “ and payment refunded.
- Where the size/quantum of the products requires someone to be present at your address for delivery and you are not present, your placement of an Order authorises us to accept the signature of another person present at your address and deliver the products to them on your behalf or to leave the products in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- COD available on orders between INR 499 - INR 1,999. COD charges of INR 199 will be added at checkout
MRP : ₹ 240
Country of Origin: India
Source, packed & marketed by: AAZOL VENTURES (MUMBAI) PRIVATE LIMITED, 402, Sun Rise Building, Pali Naka, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bandra(West), Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, 400050, Phone: +91-7400470490, E-Mail: email@example.com
Customer Care: AAZOL VENTURES (MUMBAI) PRIVATE LIMITED, 402, Sun Rise Building, Pali Naka, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bandra(West), Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, 400050, Phone: +91-7400470490, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kokum Aagal is fabulous- unsweetened and without added colours, it is a delish and wholesome addition to my pantry!
I’m very pleased with the quality of the products which is why I keep ordering again and again.
I've had various brand of kokum extracts; this tastes the best.