We all know about the ‘Fox and the Grapes’ story from our childhood. The moral of the story was that the grapes weren’t sour, just that the fox’s efforts were not enough. The fable teaches us that if we put in the right amount of hard work and dedication we surely can fulfill our goals, just like the Jumbo Black Raisin from Aazol, which is sourced from the grape capital of India – Nashik which can not only help you achieve your health goals but also has an interesting back story which is one of perseverance. Black raisins benefits are many for us to ignore too.
Raisins are dried grapes and we use this dried fruit in a variety of manners. A food item that has been a part of our diets since prehistoric times came to India as a fruit in the 1300s with the Afghan and Persian invaders. Maharashtra’s and especially Nashik’s hot and dry climate was the most suitable for grape cultivation and hence we get the best variety from this region which in turn is supplied across the length and breadth of the country.
Raisins as prizes
Did you know that dried grapes were used as decoration in the Mediterranean regions? We can find bunches of grapes at many holy places and which were awarded as prizes to athletes. The wall paintings from this era prove this.
The process of drying the grapes to get the sweet and sour raisins is more or less the same everywhere, which is sun drying. We also know there are multiple varieties of raisins. We have
- Black raisins
- Golden raisins
- Green raisins
- And more
Aazol sources the jumbo black raisins, which are big, sweet, and tart that can be enjoyed as a snack or added to food preparations. We source it from Nashik, a variety known as Black Jumbo Seedless and Nanasaheb Purple variety that makes top-quality raisins.
Benefits of raisins
Soaked black raisins benefit all of us in many ways. But having regular dried raisins will also give you the health benefits you want while satiating your sweet craving. Here are some black raisins benefits and side effects,
Black raisins benefits in pregnancy
During this wonderful time of your life, it is always advised and suggested to eat healthy and natural foods, and eating raisins regularly could give the following benefits.
- Prevents anaemia
Black raisins are a great source of iron which is a must for all pregnant women.
- Helps with nausea
During these days, many women suffer from nausea and vomiting and eating some raisins during the day helps some women deal with this issue better.
- Help in weight gain
A healthy weight gain during pregnancy is required for both mother and her unborn baby. However, the mother must eat an overall healthy diet with wholesome and different healthy food items and raisins fit in right there on the top.
Black raisins benefits for skin
The resveratrol in raisins helps in removing the toxicity from the bloodstream. This, in turn, purifies the blood. The same element helps in preventing damage to the skin and also helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Black raisins benefits for hair
Raisins help in preventing hair loss and give you shiny hair. Consuming raisins will also help you tackle scalp-related issues like itchiness, dryness, flakiness, and dandruff.
Black raisins benefits for male fertility
Raisins are known as an aphrodisiac. A protein called Arginine is good for male fertility and helps in treating erectile dysfunction.
Black raisins benefits for eyes
Vitamin A is an essential nutrient for healthy eyes and vision. Raisins contain beta-carotene, which is converted into Vitamin A after consumption.
Overall dried black raisins benefits
Furthermore, raisins are beneficial for our overall well-being in the following ways.
- Oleanolic acid is a nutrient present in raisins, which fights tooth decay. Munching on a handful of black raisins can keep your teeth clean and prevent cavities.
- Regular raisins will help control bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. This helps in dealing with cardiovascular problems.
- Raisins are known to have high levels of potassium and magnesium, which help you fight conditions like bloating, flatulence, and skin-related problems.
- They are full of iron, calcium, and vitamin C, making them excellent for our immune system and helping fight infection.
- Raisins are naturally sweet and can be consumed as a sweet snack if you are health-conscious and want to manage weight.
- Boron is excellent for strengthening your bone, and this is present in raisins. Have overnight-soaked raisins for better absorption of nutrients, which can help in bone density.
- Fibre-rich raisins are great for your digestive system. The laxative effects of these sweet, tart, dry fruits can help you fight constipation and assist in smooth bowel movement.
- Making curd with black raisins benefits someone who suffers from constipation. This is the perfect combination that fights harmful bacteria in your gut and promotes the growth of good gut bacteria.
With Aazol’s Jumbo Black Raisins, you can reap all these benefits and much more. Whether you enjoy snacking on them or you soak them and have them first thing in the morning, a handful of these raisins will give you outsize health results, naturally and holistically. But what about the back story of resilience? Go to the product page and read the story of how two courageous homemakers started this enterprise here.
Author: Jinal Aidasani