Ragi Ladoo: Rustic Traditional Superfood - 350g (Pack of 1/Pack of 2)
INR 50 OFF on 1st order above INR 499
INR 150 OFF above INR 1,499
INR 250 OFF above INR 2,499
10% OFF above INR 3,499
For orders INR 499 - 1,999
(Fees - INR 199)
Free shipping above INR 499
24/7 Customer Service
Ragi is a powerhouse of nutrients. One of India’s original superfoods, it is rich in protein, iron, calcium, fibre and amino acids. Stemming from the interiors of Raigad where ragi is known as nachni, this ladoo is low on sweetness and high on goodness!
Legend has it that ragi came across the Arabian Sea from East Africa to India around 1800 BC. Initially revered for its colour and nutritional benefits, ragi consumption took a backseat over the last few decades as people shifted preferences towards wheat and rice.
In recent years ragi has come to the fore once again. Still grown largely in small-scale holdings by individual farmers, this plant which grows as fingers on a hand (hence the name finger millet) is receiving nationwide attention once again. In Maharashtra, ragi or nachni as it is locally known is used to make bhakris (flatbread). Ladoos are a popular exponent too. Ours, mixed with green gram dal, cow ghee, sesame, dry ginger powder and peanut is the powerhouse of nutrition and goodness this wonder grain deserves.
About The Seller
Our SHG from Jangamwadi in Raigad is run by Siddhi Jangam and 10 other women. Shivani Mahila Bachat Ghat was formed in 2007 to create an income source to support the families of these women through using locally grown ragi (nachni) to make and sell these tasty and nutritionally rich rustic ladoos using one of India's oldest known superfoods.
What are Ragi Ladoo benefits in pregnancy?
During pregnancy, special care is taken about every aspect of a lady's health, especially her diet and food intake. Having ragi ladoo during and post-pregnancy is an excellent addition, as ragi is known to be rich in calcium, fibre, and various minerals. It has a high amount of iron, a must for the mother and baby. Also, it increases milk production in lactating mothers, ragi ladoo also contains green gram dal making them high in protein.
What are Ragi Ladoo health benefits?
Aazol's Ragi Ladoo is made from ragi (nachni), green gram dal, wheat flour, jaggery, ghee and sonth (dried ginger powder). We know that the ragi is known as the traditional superfood of India, and green gram dal is a protein-rich lentil that is light on the tummy. ragi ladoo has all this and more, making it low on sweetness and high on goodness ladoo. The benefits of a ragi ladoo are great for digestion, hair & skin, and more. The essential advantage is that it is a relaxant for the body and mind.
Ragi ladoo with jaggery calories?
Aazol's Rustic Ragi ladoo has a 506.6 kcal per 100 gms of serving overall.
Does Ragi help in weight loss?
If you are on a weight loss mission, having a high-fibre millet like ragi is an excellent choice. Since it will keep you full for a long time and help you avoid cravings, you can have 1 Ragi Ladoo a day during your breakfast or as a post-lunch sweet treat.
What is finger millet nutrition?
Finger millet contains about 5–8% protein, 1–2% ether extractives, 65–75% carbohydrates, 15–20% dietary fibre and 2.5–3.5% minerals. It is known to have the highest calcium content among all cereals (344 mg/100 g).
Is finger millet good for diabetes?
Due to its tiny grain size, ragi is not polished like other grains and stays in its purest form. And the external coating of ragi is high in polyphenols and diety fibre that help regulate blood sugar levels. It also has a low glycemic index which will aid in fighting cravings for sweet food.
Shipping & Delivery
- Products supplied by us are available for shipping all across India. Products will be shipped within the stipulated time as stated in the shipping confirmation email unless we agree otherwise with you.
- For domestic shipments, the delivery time is 7 to 10 business days (from date of order). For international shipments, the delivery time is 15 to 20 business days (from date of order)
- We shall use our reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for shipment. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated shipping date.
- Shipping of the products shall be made to the shipping address specified in the Order and you shall make all arrangements necessary to take receipt of the products.
- Our courier will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the products to you. However if you are not residing at the contact address provided to us and/or have not made arrangements to take delivery of the products and/or the courier is unable to contact you for this purpose, your purchase will be deemed as “cancelled “ and payment refunded.
- Where the size/quantum of the products requires someone to be present at your address for delivery and you are not present, your placement of an Order authorises us to accept the signature of another person present at your address and deliver the products to them on your behalf or to leave the products in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- COD available on orders between INR 499 - INR 1,999. COD charges of INR 199 will be added at checkout
MRP : ₹ 450
Country of Origin: India
Source, packed & marketed by: AAZOL VENTURES (MUMBAI) PRIVATE LIMITED, 402, Sun Rise Building, Pali Naka, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bandra(West), Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, 400050, Phone: +91-7400470490, E-Mail: email@example.com
Customer Care: AAZOL VENTURES (MUMBAI) PRIVATE LIMITED, 402, Sun Rise Building, Pali Naka, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bandra(West), Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, 400050, Phone: +91-7400470490, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazing traditional taste with excellent quality and packaging. Kudos to the Aazol team for creating a great product.
hygienic, natural taste, strongly advice for BREAK-Fast